Kenyan athletes Daniel Wanjiru (2:05:48) and Mary Keitany (2:17:01) win the men and women titles, respectively of London Marathon 2017. Ethiopian athletes Kenenisa Bekele (2:05:57) and Tirunesh Dibaba (2:17:56) took the second places in men’s and women’s titles, respectively. One of the highly anticipated exiled Ethiopian athletes, Feyisa Lilesa finished the race at 12th place.
Kenyan Dedan Karoki finished third in men, clocking 2:07:41 and Ethiopian Aselefech Mergia finished third on the race with 2:23:08 in women.
London Marathon 2017 Men’s Title Results;
1. Daniel Wanjiru (KENYA) 2:05:48
2. Kenenisa Bekele (ETHIOPIA) 2:05:57
3. Dedan Karoki (KENYA) 2:07:41
London Marathon 2017 Women’s Title Results
1. Mary Keitany (KENYA) 2:17:01
2. Tirunesh Dibaba (ETHIOPIA) 2:17:56
3. Aselefech Mergia (ETHIOPIA) 2:23:08