1. Reducing national celebration; because it would be “shameful” to spend huge sums of money on the celebrations when people are suffering from hunger.
2. Declaring a ban on foreign travel by government officials; instead instructing them to make regular visits to rural areas to learn and help solve problems facing ever their people. All tasks that required officials to travel abroad should instead be done by high commissioners and ambassadors who are already in place.
3. Subduing workshops and seminars in expensive hotels when there are so many ministry boardrooms available.
4. Restricting all first- and business-class travel to government officials, except few of the top officials (President, Prime minister and vice).
5. Valuing that the people of Ethiopia want them to solve their problems and not make speeches.
John Magufuli, Tanzania’s New President, has already done these and other many very good measures in less than a month.