Sport – The Bridge is currently looking for a new, talented and motivated Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for program development and implementation of newly developed projects.
The right candidate would need to have these characteristics:
– MA/BA in Sociology/ Psychology/ related field;
– Excellent interpersonal, Communication & presentation skills;
– Reliable, who can work independently and have ability of creativity;
– Have a good skill in both Written and spoken English;
– Willing to work in all spheres as per the need of the organization;
– Good attitudes towards children;
– NGO experience is advantageous.
About the Company
The goal of the program «Ethiopia – Sport builds Bridges» is to reintegrate street children into their families and public school. Sport pedagogical lessons are used to prepare children for the life inside the family and to foster their personal development. Simultaneously, the families of the children receive assistance, in order to lay the foundation for a successful reintegration.
The work by Sport – The Bridge is based on the principle of «help for self-help» and can be divided into two phases: one year of intensive support, at the end of which the child should be ready to sleep at home and attend public school; four further years of supervision of the child and it’s family. This guarantees the sustainable success of the program. In every year «Ethiopia – Sport builds Bridges» provides support to about 200 current and former street children.
The program «Ethiopia – Sport Builds Bridges» currently supports about 200 children. Pole vault world record holder Sergey Bubka and the Ethiopian sprinter Haile Gebrselassie have shown their support by visiting the program.